How to add Include file like ASP script was - Plz help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rizky Kurniawan, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. Dear All,

    Hi I'm newbie to ASP.NET & C#, I just to know how to figure out Include file
    like ASP script was. Here code snipplet I was use

    <head>
    <%include {file-included e.g: header.html } %>
    </head>
    ..... <!-- script for body -->

    <%include {file-included e.g: footer.html } %>

    regard,

    rizky

    PS: Sorry for my english so bad

    Rizky Kurniawan, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Rizky Kurniawan

    Jon J. Guest

    Rizky - User controls (.ascx files) are your best bet.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/usercontrols.asp

    - Jon

    Jon J., Nov 10, 2004

  3. Rizky Kurniawan

    Martin Kulov Guest

    Hi Rizky,

    the include directive works the same way as it was in ASP 3.0.
    E.g.

    <#include file="">

    you can include even asp.net code although it is not good programming style. If you need more complicated and flexible solution though use user controls.

    Kind regards,
    Martin Kulov
    www.codeattest.com

    Martin Kulov, Nov 10, 2004