How to add Java .properties files to Apache Tomcat 4.0 Windows 2K environment

Discussion in 'Java' started by milesd, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. milesd

    milesd Guest

    Hi, I have a number of Java "???.???.??.???.properties" files which I
    would like Apache Tomcat 4.0 to "pick up" in it's environment.

    I have a JSP page which has the following exception:
    ----
    no.fast.ds.content.ContentManagerFactoryException: Failed to
    instantiate class no.fast.ds.content.corba.ContentManagerFactory:
    ----

    I am fairly sure that the "not picking up of properties files" are
    causing this (unless someone know different).

    I have tried copying the properties files to a number of directories
    (including Apache Tomcat 4.0\conf\ntiis, and Apache Tomcat
    4.0\webapps\webdav\WEB-INF\classes) - but with no success :(

    I have been unable to locate httpd.conf in the Windows Tomcat install
    (I have specified properties here when using Apache).

    Can someone provide me with some tips on how to resolve this issue.
    :)

    thanks

    Miles.

    milesd, Dec 16, 2004

  2. milesd

    nuklea Guest

    normally you define it in web.xml like such:
    <servlet>
    <init-param>
    <param-name>log4j-init-file</param-name>
    <param-value>WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties</param-value>
    </init-param>
    </servlet>

    and in your servlet calls:
    String mypropertyfile = getInitParameter("log4j-init-file");

    nuklea, Dec 16, 2004