How to add </textarea> within <textarea> tags?

frank.moens

I guess this is not such an uncommon question to ask, but due to the
fact that google change my "</textarea>" to just "textarea" I am
unable to find any solutions.

I would like to alter database generated html pages via a webform,
this form basically creates a javascript which updates the page
without the user having a reload of his page. Therefore I using
something like: parent.document.form1.title.value = "Blablabla".

To enhance flexibility I would like to be able to include all html
tags (yes, I know, it's not safe, but it's limited to a very
restricted group of people that should know what they're doing). So..
at one point I tried to add a submission form at the end of an article
with <textarea></textarea> tags. And although it did add this code,
the next time I'd try to change the article, it was cut of at the
first </textarea>

Sure enough I have to add some tag or escape a character, but I'd like
the user to be able see </textarea> in their textarea (instead of &lt;/
texarea&gt;)

What can I do to change this?

Thanks a lot,

Frank.

Bart Van der Donck

[...]

The only reliable way is

<textarea name="T">&lt;/textarea&gt;</textarea>

'T' will be sent to server with URL-encoded values of '<' (%3C) and
'>' (%3E). Just as when you would type '<' or '>'.