how to add webform-eventhandlers ??

Christian Cambier

Hi,

in VS.NET 2008, how do I know what form-eventhandler exist?
how can I add a form-eventhandler in the code-behind file apart from
manually?

cause when I select the properties of the webform, i don't see the
lightning-bolt as is the case in WinForms in C#.

any suggestion?

thank you
Chris

Mark Fitzpatrick

In code-behind, you can start by typing override and that will show you
which events you can override with your own. The main difference is you're
creating an event handler to handle an action in the same way since the
handlers for the page are already defined and used, which means you need to
override the current definition with your own so you can handle existing
events such as PreRender and OnLoad.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression