How to align elements and define resize behaviour?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Alex Blekhman, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I'm experienced Windows programmer, however, I'm quite
    novice in HTML technologies. Recently I was assigned a task
    to write small utility for internal use in our development
    team. I chose to write its GUI in HTML and make front end as
    HTA.

    While developing application's logic is no problem the HTML
    layout and properties require some additional efforts. So, I
    decided to ask my questions here, where almost everybody is
    well proficient in HTML and far beyond hypertext markup.
    Please, bear with me if my questions seem too dull.

    My application is wizard-like and has following layout:

    +---+---------+ I - image
    | I | iframe | iframe - IFRAME object
    | | | [] - buttons
    |---+---------|
    |[] | [][] []|
    +---+---------+

    It's regular table with elements inside each cell. Now the
    questions:

    1. How can I specify that width of I-cell will be
    automatically adjusted to the width of image? Currently I
    hardcoded WIDTH="N", where N is number of pixels.

    2. How can I specify that height of second row (with
    buttons) will be equal to the default height of button?

    3. During document resize I want that:
    a) width of first column (with image) won't change
    b) height if second row (with buttons) won't change
    c) height and width of iframe-cell can change freely

    how can I achieve that? Currently, during resize whole table
    changes proportionally.

    Thanks in advance
    Alex
    Alex Blekhman, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Alex Blekhman

    Evertjan. Guest

    Alex Blekhman wrote on 24 okt 2005 in

    > I'm experienced Windows programmer, however, I'm quite
    > novice in HTML technologies. Recently I was assigned a task
    > to write small utility for internal use in our development
    > team. I chose to write its GUI in HTML and make front end as
    > HTA.

    [..]

    Thids is all clientside browser stuff, and has nothing to do with
    serverside ASP coding.

    Please ask an appropriate NG.

    I suggest you look at clientside javascript and use css styling.

    among many others.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 24, 2005

  3. Evertjan. wrote:
    > Thids is all clientside browser stuff, and has nothing to
    > do with serverside ASP coding.
    >
    > Please ask an appropriate NG.
    >
    > I suggest you look at clientside javascript and use css
    > styling.

    > among many others.

    My question was not about scripting, actually. However,
    thanks for prompt response and sorry for any inconvenience.

    P.S. I reckon that comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html will
    be more appropriate for my question though.
    Alex Blekhman, Oct 24, 2005