How to align items vertically on a datagrid

Julia B

Hi, I'm working with .net version 1.1.

I've got a datagrid on a webform that my users want a fixed height, which is
fine. It can contain up to 10 records. If there are 10 records then it's fine
and looks very nice. However if there is only 1 record (or just a few) then
it looks daft, because the records aren't vertically aligned at the top.

I can't find a vertical alignment property for a datagrid. Is there a way of
working this so that the records will always be placed at the top?

Thanks
Juia

Eliyahu Goldin

Don't set any height attribute for the grid and it will align the rows
nicely. Instead, put the grid in a <div> and set the height for the div. You
can create an impression that the grid fills up the whole height of the
color for the grid and the <div>.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Julia B

Thanks Eliyahu, however that's not going to work, I don't think. I've already
got it in a layout which has a set height, however the datagrid itself,
although having the same colour background, has a border round the edge and
vertical column borders, which the users require. This means that the actual
grid size would be visible.

Julia

Julia B said:
Hi, I'm working with .net version 1.1.

I've got a datagrid on a webform that my users want a fixed height, which
is
fine. It can contain up to 10 records. If there are 10 records then it's
fine
and looks very nice. However if there is only 1 record (or just a few)
then
it looks daft, because the records aren't vertically aligned at the top.

I can't find a vertical alignment property for a datagrid. Is there a way
of
working this so that the records will always be placed at the top?

Thanks
Juia

Eliyahu Goldin

Your last resort would be to produce always exactly 10 columns. If you have
less than 10 data rows, add some empty ones. I would do it on the
datasource.