how to allow designer to design in frontpage and hit the same asp/aspx page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SStory, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. SStory

    SStory Guest

    My client wants to design ever changing forms in Frontpage and have them
    mailed in HTML format to her.

    How could I go about using ASP or ASP.NET to take the information of any
    form she designed in Frontpage and submitted to the asp/asx page, and
    rebuild that HTML form page identically--filling in the submitted
    information and then send it to her. Or save the information--I thought of
    looping through each control and placing in a delimited database field and
    then sending her a link to a page, but
    how could I regenerate her html page and fill in the form without having to
    make a new asp page for each different HTML form that she makes?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    I thought maybe there might be a code behind way for her to just add one
    code behind line to her html page, but
    then I know the control must be runat server and other items for it to work.

    Is there anyway to make this work so that she creates forms and I just mail
    whatever form to her with data intact?

    thanks

    Shane

    SStory, Jul 22, 2003

  2. SStory

    SStory Guest

    Thanks for the answer.
    I know ASP, but am really new at ASP.NET
    I don't understand the part of creating a webrequest.
    Would that get the whole html page in memory or something?
    How would it accomplish mailing the actual filled out page--form filled in
    and all?

    "Kevin Spencer" <> wrote in message
    > Well, as the form submits to the ASPX page, the URL of the HTML form would
    > be found in Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"]. You could use this to
    > create a WebRequest for the HTML page, which would return the actual page.
    > From there it's a relatively simple matter of identifying the form fields

    by

    SStory, Jul 23, 2003

  3. SStory

    SStory Guest

    Thanks for the idea..

    After a lot of reading, I finally got what you are talking about... pretty
    drastic and has taken me 250-300lines of code, but I am getting very close
    to having what I need.

    Shane

    SStory, Aug 1, 2003