    Any help anyone can give me urgently would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Stephen

    SWu, Jan 14, 2004

  2. SWu

    Guest Guest

    The easiest thing would be to give ASPNET user
    permissions that folder. If you're ok with that from a
    security point of view, then it's a good solution for you.
    Thanks

    create a file in a
    >subfolder? At the moment, I am getting 'Access to the

    path
    >"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\myWeb\uploadedfiles\temp.pdf" is

    denied'.

    Guest, Jan 14, 2004

  3. SWu

    SWu Guest

    thanks, but it's not working for me.

    I went to Internet Services Manager console (I am using Win XP Pro), opened
    properties for that particular folder, added "Write" permission on the
    Directory tab, tried that but didn't work.

    Then went to Directory Security (even though I didn't think this was where I
    needed to be), saw that it allowed Anonymous Access and changed the user
    that it uses to ASPNET but that didn't work either.

    Do you (or anyone) have any other suggestions, please?

    thanks

    SWu, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Well I'm not sure why that didn't work. It should have worked assuming it's
    a local drive.
    You might want to try using impersonation so you're running under a user
    account that has the necessary permissions. (Try setting it to your
    username & pw for initial testing purposes.)
    Here's more info:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/cpguide/html/cpconaspnetimpersonation.asp

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jan 14, 2004
  5. SWu

    Shiv Kumar Guest

    Permission need to be set at the directory/file level using explorer. You're
    using IIS Manager :)

    --
    Shiv R. Kumar
    http://www.matlus.com