    currently selected item in the list.

    Thanks,
    Rob
    rob, Mar 20, 2008

  2. rob

    David Wier Guest

    The problem with setting the PostbackURL when you click the button, is that
    postback is already beginning.
    What you'd probably want to do is set up a variable for the selected item,
    with a page scope

    Then, when the DDL is changed (using the OnSelectedIndexChanged event),
    assign the selected item to the variable - and THEN, set the Postback url,
    using the variable (PostBackUrl="somepage.aspx?param=" & myVariable)

    Then, when you click the button, it should go there - the problem would then
    be whether or not something is actually selected, so you would probably need
    to do validation

    Or you could just use a response.redirect statement
    (response.redirect(="somepage.aspx?param=" & myVariable) within the button's
    click event handler

    David Wier
    http://aspnet101.com
    bloated markup

    David Wier, Mar 20, 2008

  3. rob

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    this does not reply 100% exactly what you asked for but in my post

    ASP.NET: trigger cross-page postback on ListBox selection change
    http://aspadvice.com/blogs/joteke/a...age-postback-on-ListBox-selection-change.aspx

    I demonstrate how to use PostBackUrl type of stuff (=cross-page postback)
    so that the value is accessible via PreviousPage

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

    Teemu Keiski, Mar 20, 2008
  4. rob

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Forgot to say, it should also work for DropDownList just as well as for
    ListBox.

    Teemu Keiski, Mar 20, 2008