How to attach to and debug a live Weblogic instance?

Marcus Leon

We know how to start up, attach to, and debug a Weblogic instance
running on a developer workstation. Does anyone know how to attach to
and debug a live (production) instance? Is this safe?

Thanks

none

Marcus said:
We know how to start up, attach to, and debug a Weblogic instance
running on a developer workstation. Does anyone know how to attach to
and debug a live (production) instance? Is this safe?

Thanks
i don't think your customers will be very happy when you live
application hits a break point and pauses.
It can be done, but it would be better to copy the code to a development
box for further testing.
What version of weblogic are you using?

Tim

Marcus Leon

Hi Tim, thanks for your response. We're using 8.1.

We'd just use this type of debugging for the odd occasion when
production is acting up.

Marcus.