    authenticated!

    Using CDO.Message on W2k3 SBS and classic ASP

    thanks

    Paulo, Jan 31, 2008

  2. "Paulo" <> wrote in message
    news:O$...
    > Hi, how can I authenticate before sending email? my ISP needs to be
    > authenticated!
    >
    > Using CDO.Message on W2k3 SBS and classic ASP

    Try:-

    Const cdoSendUserName =
    "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername"

    Const cdoSendPassword =
    "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword"

    Const cdoSMTPAuthenticate =
    "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate"

    Const cdoBasic = 1

    msg.Configuration.Fields(cdoSMTPAuthenticate ) = cdoBasic
    msg.Configuration.Fields(cdoSendUserName) = "yourUsername"
    msg.Configuration.Fields(cdoSendPassword ) = "yourPassword"
    msg.Configuration.Update

    When you call .send CDO should authenticate with the SMTP server using the
    username and password specified.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jan 31, 2008