How to auto-login to a protected directory

laredotornado

Hello,

Does anyone have some Java code to auto-log someone in to a protected
directory -- the one where a gray box comes up prompting for a username
and password? I know the URL, username, and password that I can pass
as parameters to such a script. I am going to deploy this code in a
JSP.

I am using JVM 1.3 on Solaris.

Thanks in advance, - Dave