How to automate data gathering in website

Discussion in 'Java' started by glowfly, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. glowfly

    glowfly Guest

    I want to collect data from some website. Here is the steps I took to
    collect the data.

    (1) I click a link and the browser shows some content
    (2) and then I click another link or enter some text in the form and
    then hit enter
    (3) then the browser shows another content. I copy some text in the
    content
    (4) I save the copied text into another file

    I repeat this type of sequence for several days and it is quite time
    consuming.
    Is there any way to effectively automate this type of process? For
    example, we can parse
    the raw html text but it seems to be not so effective way. Is there a
    language or software
    tool to make it easy to automate this process?

    Thanks in adavnce...
    glowfly, Sep 13, 2006

  2. glowfly wrote:
    > I want to collect data from some website. ..

    What web site? What is the URL?

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 13, 2006

  3. glowfly

    Soren Kuula Guest

    Look at 'httpclient' in the commons project at apache.org

    Sorem
    Soren Kuula, Sep 13, 2006
  4. glowfly

    glowfly Guest

    Thank you for your answer Sorem.
    By the way, I cannot find the contents you mentioned.
    Could you please add the URL link for 'httpclient'?

    Thanks

    Soren Kuula 작성:

    glowfly, Sep 14, 2006
  5. =?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=, Sep 14, 2006