    Any advise?

    Thanks

    John
    Q. John Chen, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Q. John Chen

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    if it's someone elses page you are going to have an ugly time. Why not just
    use the UPS tracking service on your page? IIRC you can get the code and
    sample from their site to call their web service yourself from your own
    site. It will make your site look "cooler" too.....just my opinion.

    Curt

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 19, 2004

  3. Q. John Chen

    Q. John Chen Guest

    Great idea. Thanks.

    But UPS is only one of my carrier. I actually also need to interact
    with others like ABF etc. Not sure if the have a web service.

    So any suggestion to my previous question is greately appreciated.

    Thanks

    John
    Q. John Chen, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Q. John Chen

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    I dont have specifically what you are after but do note that many (and ever
    increasing) number of sites have code specifically to prevent "automatic"
    submittals....

    Curt

    Curt_C [MVP], Aug 19, 2004
  5. Q. John Chen

    Q. John Chen Guest

    Curt,

    I agree. I don't have to do automatic submit. But I need to find a way
    to fill the tracking number and then let the user click the "Track"
    button to submit.

    Here is what I am doing. A button on my page with script "window.open"
    to popup carrier's, say UPS, page. How can I fill the tracking number?
    I guess some java script will do it.

    Thanks.

    John

    Q. John Chen, Aug 30, 2004
  6. Q. John Chen

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    UPS uses a querystring I believe, as does FedEx. Just put in a valid package
    number once and analyse the QS for how it's constructed. then just modify
    eachtime and pass that to your client.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software