how to automatically pass parameters between jsp

mmalaidini

I have one.jsp dealing with some parameters.

I'd like to modify maybe one of them, and pass the request to another
jsp (ie: two.jsp) upon user clicking on a link.

Is there any automatism to do that?

Or in one.jsp should I modify a bean state at session level, using it
in two.jsp?
TIA
MMan

Tjerk Wolterink

I have one.jsp dealing with some parameters.

I'd like to modify maybe one of them, and pass the request to another
jsp (ie: two.jsp) upon user clicking on a link.

Is there any automatism to do that?

I think you can use the following method:

HttpSerlvetRequest req;
req.getRequestDispatcher().forward("yourjsp.jsp");

or

req.getRequestDispatcher().include("yourjsp.jsp");

Doesnt that work?

mmalaidini

Tjerk said:
I think you can use the following method:

HttpSerlvetRequest req;
req.getRequestDispatcher().forward("yourjsp.jsp");

or

req.getRequestDispatcher().include("yourjsp.jsp");

Doesnt that work?

Yes, but isn't it just like jsp:forward? I don't want to transfer
current request to another jsp; I'd like to serve my request and
prepare a link (ie: an href) that will receive a request just like the
one I served, maybe with some modifications.

Is that more clearly defined?
Thanks

isamura

: I have one.jsp dealing with some parameters.
:
: I'd like to modify maybe one of them, and pass the request to another
: jsp (ie: two.jsp) upon user clicking on a link.
:
: Is there any automatism to do that?
:
: Or in one.jsp should I modify a bean state at session level, using it
: in two.jsp?
:
Perhaps you could write a method to rewrite the URL, say rewriteUrl(...) and use it like this:

HREF="<%= rewriteUrl("two.jsp", "aVar", "newValue") %>"

..K

isamura

: Yes, but it does mean indeed that there is no automatism.
:
: Thx anyway
:
I am sure you realize any "automatism" must be handled by some sort of "magic" program/routine. In
your case you can either write the magic yourself or pay someone (like me ;-) to do it for you.

Cheers!

..K

PrinceJigar

You can either pass it to two.jsp using parameters.

two.jsp </a>

But if you have a lot of parameter values that u need to pass then you
can do two things. Either create an object to hold all of the values,
dump them on the user session ( load on the web container) and then
retreive that object in two.jsp and take out the various parameters.

or

Create a fake form and submit them upon clicking the link. Then use
request.getParameter("param1) and so on in two.jsp and get the values.

mmalaidini

Thx, in fact I ended up using a session-scoped bean to exchange those
information between pages.
MM