how to automatically reset tabs in sourcecode

John Devlon

Hi

I worked for several years with visual studio and i'm loving it.

One thing I noticed is that, when creating asp pages, the source code is but
of a mess... Tabs are automaticlly at random inserted. Opening statements
are in most causes not on the same tab level as the closing statements.

Is there a function or plugin to clean up the number of tabs inserted before
each line of code to make the code more readable?

Thanks

John

Guest

Hi

I worked for several years with visual studio and i'm loving it.

One thing I noticed is that, when creating asp pages, the source code is but
of a mess... Tabs are automaticlly at random inserted. Opening statements
are in most causes not on the same tab level as the closing statements.

Is there a function or plugin to clean up the number of tabs inserted before
each line of code to make the code more readable?

Thanks

John

Hi John

the number of tabs is configured in Tools - Options menu. Click on
Text Editor, All Languages and then Tabs.

Hope this helps

Gregory A. Beamer

One thing I noticed is that, when creating asp pages, the source code
is but of a mess... Tabs are automaticlly at random inserted. Opening
statements are in most causes not on the same tab level as the closing
statements.

I have not experienced this. The tabbing options are under Options, as
Alexy has mentioned.

To fix a munged page, however, you can click in the page and choose

Edit >> Advanced >> Format Document

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)