    and the second is a web-app.

    From the vb-app users have the possibility to enter right into the web-app.
    The vb-app is creating an appropriate url and opens the web-browser with
    this. The url contains user-information like user name and password. We
    don't want this url-information to be stored in the history-list, because
    then advanced users can find passwords etc here and that's not so good.

    Anyone know how to solve this?

    Regards
    Per-Olof Nilsson
    Per-Olof Nilsson, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Per-Olof Nilsson

    Steven Burn Guest

    Why aren't you encoding the username/password?

    Take a look at URLEncode
    http://www.sloppycode.net/asp/?m=39

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Per-Olof Nilsson

    Steven Burn Guest

    Re: How to aviod putting url-information in history-list. [Update]

    Better source
    http://www.w3schools.com/asp/met_urlencode.asp

    Steven Burn, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Per-Olof Nilsson

    PL Guest

    > Anyone know how to solve this?

    You don't send username and passwords in the querystring,
    if you absolutely have to then you should make it an md5 hash
    with a timestamp that expires.

    PL.
    PL, Feb 12, 2004