how to avoid authentication

Konrad

Hi

All users should authenticate to reach
some page. How to avoid this for some users.

Thanks
Konrad

Bassel Tabbara [MSFT]

Hello Konrad,
It depends which type of authentication you are using. If it is Windows
Authentication, you might need
to create a Windows Groups and allow that group access, and the others
require authentication.
If you are using Form Authentication, you might need to use Role
Authentication.
Role-based security in ASP.NET is similar to the role-based security that
Microsoft COM+ and
Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) use, although there are important
differences. Role-based
security in ASP.NET is not limited to Windows accounts and groups. For
example, if Windows
authentication and impersonation is enabled, the identity of the user is a
Windows identity
(User.Identity.Name = "Domain\username"). You can check identities for
membership in specific roles and restrict access accordingly. For example:
If User.IsInRole("BUILTIN\Administrators") Then
Response.Write("You are an Admin")
Else If User.IsInRole("BUILTIN\Users") then
Response.Write("You are a User")
Else
Response.Write("Invalid user")
End if

If you are using Forms authentication, roles are not assigned to the
authenticated user; you must do this programmatically. To assign roles to
the
authenticated user, use the OnAuthenticate event of the authentication
module (which is the Forms
authentication module in this example) to create a new GenericPrincipal
object and assign it to the
User property of the HttpContext.

For more information, you might refer to the following Kb article:
306590 INFO: ASP.NET Security Overview
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306590

Thanks,
Bassel Tabbara