How to avoid open/save dialog box while accessing a word documentfrom server

RAJ

hi to everybody,

i have define a link which say like below

when i click "download document" link one dialog box appears asking
open/save/cancel

now i need to avoid that dialog box and need to download the document
directly.

can anybody help me please how to avoid that dialog box?
(it should only ask for place where i can store)

thanks and take care to all.

Erwin Moller

RAJ said:
hi to everybody,

i have define a link which say like below

when i click "download document" link one dialog box appears asking
open/save/cancel

now i need to avoid that dialog box and need to download the document
directly.

can anybody help me please how to avoid that dialog box?
(it should only ask for place where i can store)

thanks and take care to all.

Hi,

You'll have to send the right headers too from the server.

From PHP for example:
header("Content-type: application/msword");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=worddoc.doc");

Maybe a few more headers are needed.
Try the above, and Google around.

Good luck.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

http://validator.w3.org/

when i click "download document" link one dialog box appears asking
open/save/cancel

now i need to avoid that dialog box and need to download the document
directly.

Four get it. [psf 4.13]

PointedEars