How to avoid PEP8 'imported but unused'

Discussion in 'Python' started by Adam Jiang, May 5, 2013.

  1. Adam Jiang

    Adam Jiang Guest

    I am new to python. Now, I am woring on an application within Django
    framework. When I checked my code with pep8 and pyflakes, some warning
    messages show up-'Foobar imported but unused'. Obviously, it indicates
    that some modules are imprted to current module but never get
    references. However, it seems the message is wrong in this case:

    # file: urls.py
    urlpattens = patterns(
    '',
    url('^signup/$', 'signup')
    }

    # file: register.py
    def signup(request):
    return ...

    # file: views.py
    import signup from register

    The warning message is shown in file views.py. It seems to me that the
    code is okay because Django requires all functions serve as 'view' is
    typically go into views.py. 'import' is about get 'signup' function
    into module 'views.py'. Or, I am totally wrong? Is there a proper way
    to avoid this warnning?

    Best regards,
    /Adam

    Adam Jiang, May 5, 2013