How to avoid reformatting code ?

craigkenisston

Hi,

While developing in Vs.Net 2003, when I go to the designer and change
something, even small changes, my HTML code gets horrible reformated.
I'd rather would like to Visual Studio just add/change code surrounding
my changes.
Is there anyway to stop this behavior ?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Unfortunately there's no way to do it in 2003. This was a common complaint.
The team heard it and it is fixed in VS 2005. It leaves your code alone.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Guest

You can't fully stop it, but you can uncheck a couple of options to help. Go
to:

Tools --> Options --> Text Editor --> HTML/XML --> Format

Uncheck the top 2 options.

Hope that helps somewhat!
/gerrod