How to Ban an IP Address?

Victor

Is it possible to ban an IP address from global.asa, or by another method?

On a shared server, I'm seeing someone from China that appears to be trying to access my
site illegally (trying to access server root via cgi-bin).

Can I test for the user from global.asa and then execute a Response.End? Or is there
another way?

Thanks!

Evertjan.

Victor wrote on 24 sep 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Is it possible to ban an IP address from global.asa, or by another
method?

see below
On a shared server, I'm seeing someone from China that appears to be
trying to access my site illegally (trying to access server root via
cgi-bin).

Why would that be illegal?

It is only illegal, if the "perpetator" is acting illegally according to
the laws in his or her country.
Can I test for the user from global.asa and then execute a
Response.End? Or is there another way?

You could test in session_onstart:

<%
q = request.servervariables("remote_addr")
If q = "123.456.789.123" then Session.Abandon:Response.End
%>