    } until $I =~ /a perl hacker/i;

    --

    doug
    doug, Oct 22, 2004

  2. doug

    Uri Guttman Guest

    >>>>> "d" == doug <> writes:

    d> #! /usr/bin/perl
    d> @whatdoIhaveto = <STDIN>;
    d> do
    d> {
    d>         $I = shift @whatdoIhaveto;
    d> } until $I =~ /a perl hacker/i;

    print "don't post stupid stuff\n" while 1 ;

    uri
    Uri Guttman, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Uri Guttman <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > d> #! /usr/bin/perl
    > d> @whatdoIhaveto = <STDIN>;
    > d> do
    > d> {
    > d> $I = shift @whatdoIhaveto;
    > d> } until $I =~ /a perl hacker/i;
    >
    > print "don't post stupid stuff\n" while 1 ;

    Uri, you're a cold, cruel man ;-)

    There are two ways to take the grandparent: as a question phrased as
    Perl poetry or as Perl poetry phrased as a question.

    I prefer to think of it as the former, and if I'm right I'd say you're
    already there.

    There are three things that identify a good Perl hacker, two of which
    have nothing to do with Perl:

    1. Skill as a programmer
    2. Knowledge of programming techniques
    3. Knowledge of Perl

    If you lack the first, I'm afraid you're probably SOL.

    If you lack the second, it's relatively easy through long and tedious
    to pick up.

    If you've already covered 1 and 2, 3 is easy and the fact that Perl
    ships with documentation that gives most encyclopaedias an inferiority
    complex, you don't even have to wonder where to go for the research
    you're going to need.

    Start with anything in $PERL5LIB/pod/*{help,tut,func,syn}.pod and go
    from there.

    Good luck.
    Aaron Sherman, Oct 23, 2004