How to block http access for selective URL's

Discussion in 'Java' started by zigzagdna, Sep 30, 2011.

  1. zigzagdna

    zigzagdna Guest

    zigzagdna, Sep 30, 2011

  2. zigzagdna

    RavinderSingh

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi all,

    I don't knw anything abt java programming bt i want to learn it....i m little confused hw to start and frm where to start....plzz sum1 plzzz refer me few best sites and few best books tht culd help me in learning java in much easier and best way.....
    RavinderSingh, Sep 30, 2011

  3. On 30-09-11 03:09, schreef zigzagdna:
    > I have several web sites under same installation of Apache Tomcat,
    > e.g.,
    > http://mycomputer.com/web-admin
    > http://mycomputer.com/teamacces
    > https://mycomputer.com/teamacces
    >

    > What I want to do is to disallow http access to 2nd URL, but allow
    > http access to 1st URL. Where I look at server.xml, I can block http
    > access for all web sites under mycomputer.com but that is not what I
    > want, I still have to allow http access to 1st URL.
    > Is there a way to do it, if yes, how?

    I use my Apache HTTP server for this kind of access. It is not the most
    advanced configuration, but for me it works fine.

    In proxy.conf (from the HTTP server) I enter the following statements:
    ProxyPass /hudson http://localhost:8080/hudson
    ProxyPassReverse /hudson http://localhost:8080/hudson

    My network firewall only forwards http (80) and https (443) to my
    server, Tomcat listens to 8080 so it is not posible to acces Tomcat
    direct from the outside world.

    Jaap.
    Jaap Droogers, Sep 30, 2011
  4. On 11-09-29 10:09 PM, zigzagdna wrote:
    > I have several web sites under same installation of Apache Tomcat,
    > e.g.,
    > http://mycomputer.com/web-admin
    > http://mycomputer.com/teamacces
    > https://mycomputer.com/teamacces
    >

    > What I want to do is to disallow http access to 2nd URL, but allow
    > http access to 1st URL. Where I look at server.xml, I can block http
    > access for all web sites under mycomputer.com but that is not what I
    > want, I still have to allow http access to 1st URL.
    > Is there a way to do it, if yes, how?

    Simply force the use of SSL for context /teamacces. That is what
    'user-data-constraint', and 'transport-guarantee' of CONFIDENTIAL, are
    for, in web.xml. Use that in combination with a web-resource-collection
    covering that entire web app (since it appears that you're really
    requiring that all of web app 'web-admin' is HTTP, and all of web app
    'teamacces' is HTTPS).

    This is not Tomcat server.xml kind of stuff. This is Servlet API web.xml
    kind of stuff.

    AHS
    --
    I tend to watch a little TV... Court TV, once in a while. Some of the
    cases I get interested in.
    Arved Sandstrom, Sep 30, 2011