    book.Because I want to write a program that can block the download
    file from children and make it free. Or there exist any free blocking
    software? Thanks.

    hon123456, Oct 3, 2012

  2. In article <>,
    hon123456 <> wrote:
    >Dear all,
    > I am new to internet programming. Now I want to learn to
    >write a program that can allow/block the downloading file in browset.
    >So how can I start to learn to write it. Any introduction site or
    >book.Because I want to write a program that can block the download
    >file from children and make it free. Or there exist any free blocking
    >software? Thanks.

    You probably want to write a browser-plugin. That's probably the
    easiest to do for firefox, so you will have to use firefox as a
    browser.

    Now you can write plugins in C++, but that's quite complicated. You
    can also write plugins in javascript + HTML5 + XML.

    So you'll probably want to learn programming in javascript + HTML5 + XML
    (there's quite a bit you can find on the web about this) - note that will
    likely take a couple of months to master.

    Once you've done that, you can follow a tutorial like this one
    http://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2009/01/28/how-to-develop-a-firefox-extension/
    and write your first firefox extension.

    Mike.

    Miquel van Smoorenburg, Oct 3, 2012

  3. hon123456

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Wed, 2012-10-03, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > hon123456 <> wrote:
    >>Dear all,
    >> I am new to internet programming. Now I want to learn to
    >>write a program that can allow/block the downloading file in browset.
    >>So how can I start to learn to write it. Any introduction site or
    >>book.Because I want to write a program that can block the download
    >>file from children and make it free. Or there exist any free blocking
    >>software? Thanks.

    It's called a "web proxy" or sometimes "transparent proxy". Free
    examples include "Privoxy" and "squid". (I don't know if they have
    good support for blocking like you want, because the only human under
    my control is myself.)

    > You probably want to write a browser-plugin. That's probably the
    > easiest to do for firefox, so you will have to use firefox as a
    > browser.

    I think that kind of stuff is usually done as a proxy.

    I also note that most of the work is collecting the information needed
    to make blocking decisions. Unless you plan to block everything.

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .