How to block http file transfer

hon123456

Dear all,
I am new to internet programming. Now I want to learn to
write a program that can allow/block the downloading file in browset.
So how can I start to learn to write it. Any introduction site or
book.Because I want to write a program that can block the download
file from children and make it free. Or there exist any free blocking
software? Thanks.

Miquel van Smoorenburg

Dear all,
I am new to internet programming. Now I want to learn to
write a program that can allow/block the downloading file in browset.
So how can I start to learn to write it. Any introduction site or
book.Because I want to write a program that can block the download
file from children and make it free. Or there exist any free blocking
software? Thanks.

You probably want to write a browser-plugin. That's probably the
easiest to do for firefox, so you will have to use firefox as a
browser.

Now you can write plugins in C++, but that's quite complicated. You
can also write plugins in javascript + HTML5 + XML.

So you'll probably want to learn programming in javascript + HTML5 + XML
(there's quite a bit you can find on the web about this) - note that will
likely take a couple of months to master.

Once you've done that, you can follow a tutorial like this one
http://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2009/01/28/how-to-develop-a-firefox-extension/
and write your first firefox extension.

Mike.

Jorgen Grahn

It's called a "web proxy" or sometimes "transparent proxy". Free
examples include "Privoxy" and "squid". (I don't know if they have
good support for blocking like you want, because the only human under
my control is myself.)
You probably want to write a browser-plugin. That's probably the
easiest to do for firefox, so you will have to use firefox as a
browser.

I think that kind of stuff is usually done as a proxy.

I also note that most of the work is collecting the information needed
to make blocking decisions. Unless you plan to block everything.

/Jorgen