    the calendar is visible. How can I bring the calendar from
    back to front?

    Thanks in advance.
    tom, Nov 11, 2003

  2. You can set the Z-Index of the control...to bring it to
    the front...

    when

    Venugopal Mallarapu, Nov 11, 2003

  3. tom

    tom Guest

    Hi Venugopal,
    Thank you very much for your response.
    Could you please explain to me how to set the Z-Index of
    the control?

    Thanks,

    tom, Nov 11, 2003
  4. tom

    Luiz Vianna Guest

    Hi,

    Z-Index must be set trought the style of Your control. It will be found looking at the HTML code of Your ASPX page. For example :

    <asp:textbox id="FirstName" style="Z-INDEX: 104" runat="server" Height="20px" Width="168px"></asp:textbox>

    Control with Greater Z-Index goes to front and smaller Z-Index goes behind. So with this You can arrange the presentation in any form You like.

    I hope this could help You

    Luiz
    Brazil

    "tom" <> escreveu na mensagem news:040601c3a879$a1a79710$...

    Luiz Vianna, Nov 11, 2003
  5. tom

    Guest Guest

    Hi Luiz,

    I still couldn't let the Calendar control on the top of
    the dropdownbox and listbox by trying z-index. It seems
    that style z-index doesn't work with dropdown box and
    listbox. Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Guest, Nov 13, 2003
  6. tom

    Luiz Vianna Guest

    Hi

    Sorry, but in fact I forgot to mension something that I had realized before.

    The Z-Index only makes diference when You are using absolute positioning on your HTML. Absolute positioning means that You are defining the exact position of your control on the page and the control position will not be related to any other element of the page.

    Just for a test in a new page, try to add this HTML code

    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 144px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 104px"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox2" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 184px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 112px"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

    Look at the visual result. The upper text box is over the other one.

    Now change the values of the Z-Index to be like this :

    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 144px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 104px"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
    <asp:TextBox id="TextBox2" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 184px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 112px"
    runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

    Look again. The upper text box is now under, right?

    Gook look

    Luiz

    ..

    <> escreveu na mensagem news:0f0e01c3a9ef$f5826ff0$...

    Luiz Vianna, Nov 13, 2003
  7. tom

    tom Guest

    Luiz,

    But it doesn't work if try one textbox with one
    dropdownbox or listbox.

    Thanks,

    tom, Nov 13, 2003
  8. tom

    Luiz Vianna Guest

    Sorry but with dropdowns it really sucks....

    Look at this link
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0900/web/default.aspx

    You will see this Q&A

    Q My Web site uses dropdown menus. When a menu drops down over a SELECT listbox, the listbox always seems to move to the top of the z-order. I've tried the z-index style, but it does not work. The simple sample I created proves this point (see Figure 3). Am I dealing with a bug, or some other unusual problem that has a kludgy workaround? Nothing I've tried seems to work.

    A This is a common issue with dropdown menus and other forms of layer positioning. An important thing to understand about implementing dropdown menus on a Web page is that there are several types of objects you can put in a page that will clip the menu when it is displayed. The select/listbox form items as well as <iframe> elements will be drawn on top of a dropdown menu, which is displayed using absolute positioning with a <div> element. It is not a bug in the browser that causes this; it's more of a complex interaction of parent/child windows and clipping regions. The best workaround is to design your pages so that all dropdown menus are far enough away from other boxes, frames, and so on, to prevent this clipping behavior. Another method I've seen is to hide the listboxes or other items when a dropdown is activated.
    When you go to the MSDNĀ® Library (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library), the menu bar is displayed, but not the dropdown menus themselves because they would have gotten clipped by the frames that are displaying the tree structure and document contents.
    Like it or not, HTML and scripting is no substitute for full-featured application programming. While it may seem to you that with each version of the browser more and more complex capabilities are exposed, it will probably be a while before everything you can do in Visual BasicĀ® or C++ can be accomplished with HTML and scripting.

    "tom" <> escreveu na mensagem news:00a701c3a9fe$65970810$...

    Luiz Vianna, Nov 13, 2003