    the STL classes, but how about iostream?

    I am using gcc version 3.2.2.

    Skip

    Skip Coombe, Jul 22, 2004

  2. On 21 Jul 2004 16:47:47 -0700, Skip Coombe <> wrote:

    > How do folks coding C++ browse the std C++ classes?
    > I am aware of the excellent www.sgi.com/tech/stl for
    > the STL classes, but how about iostream?
    >
    > I am using gcc version 3.2.2.
    >
    > Skip

    http://www.dinkumware.com/refxcpp.html is a very good reference.

    john

    John Harrison, Jul 22, 2004

    Tommy McDaniel, Jul 22, 2004
  4. Skip Coombe

    Chris Dams Guest

    Dear Skip,

    (Skip Coombe) writes:

    >How do folks coding C++ browse the std C++ classes?
    >I am aware of the excellent www.sgi.com/tech/stl for
    >the STL classes, but how about iostream?

    >I am using gcc version 3.2.2.

    For my gcc on linux "info -f iostream" works fine. Also useful is
    "info -f libg++".

    Best,
    Chris

    Chris Dams, Jul 22, 2004
  5. Skip Coombe

    Old Wolf Guest

    (Skip Coombe) wrote:

    > How do folks coding C++ browse the std C++ classes?
    > I am aware of the excellent www.sgi.com/tech/stl for
    > the STL classes, but how about iostream?

    I find the following semi-tutorial, semi-reference guide to be excellent:

    ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/bcppbuilder/techpubs/bcb5/b5scl.zip

    (It's a compiled HTML-help file (.CHM)). I haven't encountered any
    borland-specific stuff in it. Wherever it has gaps, you can fill
    them in from the Dinkumware reference.

    Old Wolf, Jul 22, 2004