    proxy server throught which all the connections pass)

    Thanks,
    Parth Shah
    Parth, Nov 16, 2005

  2. > I need some help regrading byassing firewalls.

    You'll need to go to comp.lang.perl for help with that problem.

    -- Lars

    --
    Lars Kellogg-Stedman <>
    This email address will expire on 2005-11-22.
    Lars Kellogg-Stedman, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Parth

    Gregory Bond Guest

    Parth wrote:

    > I need some help regrading byassing firewalls.My college has internet
    > aces but it prevents us from dowloading music(*.mp3,*.mid,etc.)from the
    > net.

    Hello everyone,
    I need help getting my college degree. I downloaded a hack to bypass
    the college internet firewall and the college system admins found out
    and I got expelled.
    Gregory Bond, Nov 16, 2005
  4. Parth

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Parth wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    > I need some help regrading byassing firewalls.My college has internet
    > aces but it prevents us from dowloading music(*.mp3,*.mid,etc.)from the
    > net.I use a win xp sp2 and browse using ie 6. Is there any way how i
    > can dowload music on my computer using this connection. (We have a
    > proxy server throught which all the connections pass)

    You need to use a solution *outside* the firewall.

    Shell access on a virtual server is cheap - check if port 22 is
    blocked. SSH dynamic port forwarding will get you unlimtied access via
    a socks 4 proxy.

    Alternatively you need an external proxy that renames files. If you're
    prepared to do some *work* - you could start with approx -
    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/cgi.shtml#approx

    As it's a CGI it can be used with quite a cheap hosting account....

    All the best,

    Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman, Nov 16, 2005
  5. Gregory Bond wrote:

    > I need help getting my college degree. I downloaded a hack to bypass
    > the college internet firewall and the college system admins found out
    > and I got expelled.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=buy a degree

    (if not else, that link will show you how many sponsored links google is
    willing to place on a single page...)

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Nov 16, 2005
  6. "Parth" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    > I need some help regrading byassing firewalls.My college has internet
    > aces but it prevents us from dowloading music(*.mp3,*.mid,etc.)from the
    > net.

    Then Don't - The firewall, being lame as those things are, probably looks
    for *and logs* specific URL's and plain-text file names. So the first step
    is to not use things that it recognises.

    > I use a win xp sp2 and browse using ie 6. Is there any way how i
    > can dowload music on my computer using this connection. (We have a
    > proxy server throught which all the connections pass)

    So *you* must have a proxy server *outside* the firewall to do the
    downloading, then fetch through the firewall using some protocol that hides
    the content - The combine of SSL and HTTP probably *will* go through
    cleanly.

    Since this is supposedly relevant to Python, how about the proxy being
    Shareaza "remoted" with Pythons XML-RPC over SSH using Wx-Python as a GUI?

    Maybe even support streaming so all the "warez" reside on the proxy, yet the
    music plays where you are; it's probably the safest way. "Don't shit where
    you eat" - "They" come and kick the door in - but not at your place.

    *That* would be a neat project.

    PS:

    Once you got your proxy setup, you do not really need to go through the
    firewall at all. A DVD/RW goes straight through with lots of bandwith ;-)

    Frithiof Andreas Jensen, Nov 16, 2005