How to cache a user control in the MasterPage?

rh

Hi,

My MasterPage contains a user control used for navigation. I have some .aspx
pages that use this MasterPage and I would like to cache only the user
control used for navigation.

How do I go about doing so?

I know that I can cache specific controls on a page by setting the
VaryByControl property of the OutputCache directive. But if the control is
located in the MasterPage, what do I set the VaryByControl property to? Do I
simply type the id of the user control as usual or are there special steps I
must take because the user control is in the MasterPage?

Thanks.

Guest

rh,
rh do you want user a to see what user b is doing? Cause thats what your
asking the group to help you with? Send complete source to your user control
and master page for more help.

Thanks
DWS