How to calculate Heap Memory in HPUX using pst_status

Bujji

Hi,
How to calculate Heap memory used by a process in HPUX machine
(Itanium) using aCC compiler at run time ( My ultimate aim is to
calculate heap memory at run-time and write it into a log file)? I
couldn't find any parameter in pst_status structure that defines heap
memory!

ANy suggestions on how to calculate it?

Thanks in advance.

-Bujji

Jack Klein

Hi,
How to calculate Heap memory used by a process in HPUX machine
(Itanium) using aCC compiler at run time ( My ultimate aim is to
calculate heap memory at run-time and write it into a log file)? I
couldn't find any parameter in pst_status structure that defines heap
memory!

ANy suggestions on how to calculate it?

Thanks in advance.

-Bujji

Not by using any method provided by the standard C++ language, which
is all that is discussed here. C++ has no pst_status structure, nor
any method of determining this.

You need to ask in a group that supports your platform, or perhaps in