How to calculate the clock period?

Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi to everyone,

My question is how i can calculate the time between two events on a signal, and in particular on the clock signal. I mean, the time from when the clock becomes 1 until it becomes 0 again, that is the clock period. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for my english.

Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
You will need a "much faster" clock in order to do this.
Messure Clock = 100 MHz means your able to mesure a 1 MHz signal with 1% tolerance (or could it be 2%)

Jeppe

Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm sorry, i didn't understand. My question is if there is a function, or maybe if i can use a timer, in order to calculate in vhdl the time between two events on a signal. In particular, i want to calculate in vhdl code the exact time that takes for the clock signal to go from the high value (1) to the low value (0).

Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Try to use this function.

S’LAST_ACTIVE
A function of the type TIME returning the time since the
the last update of the signal S.