How to calculate the execution time for a peace of code in Unix env?

Magesh

Consider a block,

fncall( ); /* tells me the current millisecond or something like that:
time-1 */
{/* block of code for which I need to know the exec time
fncall( ); /* tells me the current millisecond or something like that:
time-2 */

now I can calculate the diff in time to know the exec time for that
particular block. Is there any way like this?

Thx in advance to whoever participate in this discussion...
- Magesh

Ian Collins

Magesh wrote:

You only have to ask once.
now I can calculate the diff in time to know the exec time for that
particular block. Is there any way like this?
comp.unix.programmer is the place to ask, or just use your profiler.