    process without having to wait for the proc to finish. I know you can make
    a dll and call it from there, but we'd rather just be able to keep it simple
    and call it from the page if we can.

    Dennis, May 26, 2004

  2. This is what the adAsyncExecute flag is for.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2194

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, May 26, 2004

  3. Dennis

    dlbjr Guest

    An easy way is to have two asp pages. One is the page with an XMLHTTP call to the other.
    This will allow the main page to process at the same time the asynchronous XMLHTTP call processes
    the data on the other asp and places the result in the main page.

    'from dlbjr

    'Unambit from meager knowledge of inane others,engender uncharted sagacity.

    dlbjr, May 26, 2004