    anyone recommend a module for this.

    Thanks in advance..
    , Feb 21, 2008

  2. J. Gleixner Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a need to call a TCL script from within a perl scrip/program.
    > What is the best way to do this. Has anyone done this before. Can
    > anyone recommend a module for this.

    No. No one has ever even thought of calling another script/program
    from within a perl program, you're the first. :)

    You do it the same way you'd execute any other non-perl program.

    perldoc -f system
    perldoc -q "Why can't I get the output of a command with system"
    J. Gleixner, Feb 21, 2008

  3. wrote:
    >I have a need to call a TCL script from within a perl scrip/program.
    >What is the best way to do this. Has anyone done this before. Can
    >anyone recommend a module for this.

    perldoc -f system
    perldoc -f qx
    perldoc -f open (and check for mode | or |- or -|)

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Feb 21, 2008