How to call an external script/prgm and wait until execution is finished?

Sven Fischer

I want to call from inside a java program an external script (resp. prgm) and wait
until the execution is finished (successfuly or not).

How can I do this?

For simplicity assume the external script is either an DOS batch scipt (Windows) or shell script (Linux).

How can I ask from inside the Java program for the return/exit code?

Sven

Arne Vajhøj

I want to call from inside a java program an external script (resp. prgm) and wait
until the execution is finished (successfuly or not).

How can I do this?

For simplicity assume the external script is either an DOS batch scipt (Windows) or shell script (Linux).

How can I ask from inside the Java program for the return/exit code?

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Process.html#waitFor()

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Process.html#exitValue()

Arne