How to call function whose function call with arguments is in astring Options

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by grbgooglefan, Jan 30, 2008.

  1. grbgooglefan

    grbgooglefan Guest

    Hello,
    Can you please enlighten me if we can do this in C?

    I would like to do something like this:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­--------------------------
    typedef struct IOParams {
    char *ioString;
    long lionum;
    double dionum;
    float fionum;
    int nionum;

    } *pIOParams;

    char *strFunctionCmd =
    "myfunctionCall("iiisd",v_ioparams[0].nionum,v_ioparams[1].nionum,v_ioparam­
    s[2].nionum,v_ioparams[3].ioString,v_ioparams[4].dionum)";

    int retstat = call_function_in_string(strFunctionCmd );
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­--------------------------
    The vector size could vary, but that is not main issues here.
    The problem is that even the variable number arguments function
    cannot
    be used here because for those functions also we need to have the
    number & type of arguments fixed at compile time and the input
    arguments passed to them are individual variables.

    In the above case, variables are part of a vector having variable
    size, so writing call for that also is difficult.

    Is there any way to achieve this in C?
    Any suggestions please?
    Thanks in advance for help
    grbgooglefan, Jan 30, 2008