    DS Guest

    As subject.

    DS

    DS, Dec 3, 2003

  2. What is a "function outside server-side script"?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Dec 3, 2003

  3. DS

    DS Guest

    In client-side script (<script> ....</script>), I have a variable. How can I
    get this variable in server-side script (<%.....%>)? Same as this case, how
    can I handle a function like a variable? Pls advise.

    DS

    "Aaron Bertrand [MVP]" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    DS, Dec 3, 2003
  4. DS

    Bob Barrows Guest

    DS wrote:
    > In client-side script (<script> ....</script>), I have a variable.
    > How can I get this variable in server-side script (<%.....%>)? Same
    > as this case, how can I handle a function like a variable? Pls advise.

    Please don't multipost. This has already been answered in
    scripting.vbscript. To repeat: you cannot use a client-side variable in
    server-side code. The only values available to server-side script are those
    that it gets from the Request object, or those that it reads from a database
    or file. In addition, the ServerXMLHTTP object can be used to request data
    from another server-side page. No interaction with the user is possible in
    server-side script.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET