    Thank you
    Pervez
    , Aug 14, 2012

  2. On 14/08/12 15:12, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >
    > How can i do this.......??
    >
    > Please help me
    >
    > Thank you
    > Pervez

    Google you question.

    Many solutions already exist on the Internet.

    --
    Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides
    Introduction http://www.fossworkflowguides.com
    GIS Packages http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/gis
    bash / Python http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/scripting
    Simon Cropper, Aug 14, 2012

    On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:42:48 AM UTC+5:30, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >

    > How can i do this.......??
    >

    > Please help me
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Pervez

    Hey Simon,

    Thank You for your mail and time,

    Yest I spent entire day for this , But I didn't get any solution for this problem .I google it but am not able to get any solution for this
    , Aug 14, 2012
  4. On 14/08/12 15:31, wrote:
    > On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:42:48 AM UTC+5:30, wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >>

    >> How can i do this.......??
    >>

    >> Please help me
    >>

    >> Thank you
    >>
    >> Pervez

    > Hey Simon,
    >
    > Thank You for your mail and time,
    >
    > Yest I spent entire day for this , But I didn't get any solution for this problem .I google it but am not able to get any solution for this

    Then you should outline what you have tried and what the problems you
    encountered that way people can help.

    Simon Cropper, Aug 14, 2012
  5. On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:12:48 -0700, mullapervez wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using
    > Python.
    >
    > How can i do this.......??
    >
    > Please help me

    Okay, let me give you some general advice first, then some programming
    advice

    If your question looks like you have put no thought into the question,
    you will get answers that also have no thought put into them.

    Try to write proper English sentences. We will make allowances for non-
    native English speakers, and simple typos, but if u cnt b bothrd 2 rite
    gd we cnt b bothrd 2 answr gd ethr.

    To solve your programming problem, break it up into smaller pieces:

    1) write some code to get a perl script from some HTML;

    2) write some more code to take a perl script and run it, collecting the
    results;

    3) write some more code to take those results and put them into a
    database;

    4) finally write some code to put the first three pieces together.

    Do you need help on any of these? If so, please tell us:

    - What is your experience with Python? Complete newbie, beginner,
    intermediate, advanced, expert, guru. Do you know any other programming
    languages?

    - What you have already tried? Show us your code.

    - Show us some *simple* sample data.

    The more you help us, the more we can help you.

    --
    Steven
    Steven D'Aprano, Aug 14, 2012
  6. Pervez Mulla Guest

    On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:42:48 AM UTC+5:30, Pervez Mulla wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >

    > How can i do this.......??
    >

    > Please help me
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Pervez

    Thank you for your advice steven,

    I am beginner to this language, I have exp in JAVA and C....

    I wanna call perl objects using Python . I checked in internet ,I can make use of inline function for this, But in HTML......??

    Thank You
    Pervez Mulla, Aug 14, 2012
  7. On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 23:21:34 -0700, Pervez Mulla wrote:

    > I wanna call perl objects using Python . I checked in internet ,I can
    > make use of inline function for this, But in HTML......??

    You need to explain more about your problem, because I don't understand
    what you want to do in detail.

    For example:

    1) "I have a URL to a perl script, like this:

    http://example.com/somewhere/script.pl

    and I want to download the script, run it, and collect the results."

    Difficulty: (0 is trivial, 10 is impossible) About 2 or 3.

    2) "I have a web page like this:

    http://example.com/somewhere/homepage.html

    Inside this web page I have a block of text that is actually Perl code. I
    want to download the HTML page, extract the Perl code, and run it."

    Difficulty: (0 is trivial, 10 is impossible) Between 6 and 10, depending
    on the exact details of how the Perl code is stored.

    Please explain in more detail what you want to do.

    Where is the Perl code? In a script? Inside a HTML file? Mixed in with
    other text, or in a HTML element of its own?

    Once you know where the Perl code lives, you can write a function to
    extract it. If you don't know where the code lives, you can't.

    Once you have the Perl code, you can then run it using the subprocess
    module, and collect its results.

    Once you have the results, you can store it in a database.

    --
    Steven
    Steven D'Aprano, Aug 14, 2012
  8. Pervez Mulla Guest

    On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:42:48 AM UTC+5:30, Pervez Mulla wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >

    > How can i do this.......??
    >

    > Please help me
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Pervez

    On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:42:48 AM UTC+5:30, Pervez Mulla wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >

    > How can i do this.......??
    >

    > Please help me
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Pervez

    On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:42:48 AM UTC+5:30, Pervez Mulla wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >

    > How can i do this.......??
    >

    > Please help me
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Pervez

    On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:42:48 AM UTC+5:30, Pervez Mulla wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I wanna call perl script in HTML form n store that data in DB using Python.
    >

    > How can i do this.......??
    >

    > Please help me
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Pervez

    Hey Steven ,

    Thank you for your response,

    I will in detail now about my project,

    Actually the project entire backend in PERL language , Am using Django framework for my front end .

    I have written code for signup page in python , which is working perfectly .

    In HTml when user submit POST method, it calling Python code ....Instead of this I wanna call perl script for sign up ......

    below in form for sign up page in python ....

    form.py
    from django import forms
    from django.contrib.auth.models import User
    from django.forms import ModelForm
    from user_profile.models import Profile

    class RegistrationForm(ModelForm):
    username = forms.CharField(label=(u'User Name'))
    email = forms.EmailField(label=(u'E-mail'))
    password = forms.CharField(label=(u'Password'),widget=forms.PasswordInput(render_value=False))
    password1 = forms.CharField(label=(u'Verify Password'),widget=forms.PasswordInput(render_value=False))

    class Meta:
    model = Profile
    exclude = ('user',)

    def clean_username(self):
    username = self.cleaned_data['username']
    try:
    User.objects.get(username==username)
    except User.DoesNotExist:
    return username
    raise forms.ValidationError("That username is already taken. Please select another.")

    def clean_password(self):
    if self.cleaned_data['password'] != self.cleaned_data['password1']:
    raise forms.ValidationError("Password didnt match... Please try again")
    return self.cleaned_data

    view.py

    def ProfileRegistration(request):
    if request.user.is_authenticated():
    return HttpResponseRedirect('/profile/')
    if request.method =="POST":
    form = RegistrationForm(request.POST)
    if form.is_valid():
    user = User.objects.create_user(username = form.cleaned_data['username'],
    email = form.cleaned_data['email'],
    password = form.cleaned_data['password'])
    user.save()
    profile = Profile(user=user, firstname=form.cleaned_data['firstname'],
    lastname=form.cleaned_data['lastname'],
    phone=form.cleaned_data['phone'],
    title=form.cleaned_data['title'],
    companyname=form.cleaned_data['companyname'])
    profile.save()
    return HttpResponseRedirect('/profile/')
    else:
    return render_to_response ('register.html',{'form':form},context_instance=RequestContext(request))
    else:
    form = RegistrationForm()
    context = {'form':form}
    return render_to_response('register.html', context, context_instance=RequestContext(request))

    In view instead invoking python script I wanna invoke Perl script .....for the signup page

    Thank You
    Pervez Mulla, Aug 16, 2012
  9. 2012/8/16 Pervez Mulla <>:

    > Hey Steven ,
    >
    > Thank you for your response,
    >
    > I will in detail now about my project,
    >
    > Actually the project entire backend in PERL language , Am using Django framework for my front end .

    > I have written code for signup page in python , which is working perfectly .
    >
    > In HTml when user submit POST method, it calling Python code ....Instead of this I wanna call perl script for sign up ......
    >
    > below in form for sign up page in python ....

    Good that's finally an explanation, so the question you can ask google
    was "how do I call an external process from Python",
    which has absolutely nothing to with HTML, and is very easy to find
    out (hint: subprocess).
    andrea crotti, Aug 16, 2012