How to call the Text_changed event from javascript

Raghu Raman

Hi ,

I ve a aspx page with a textbox.I have created the Text_Changed event
for this textbox.We know that , this will be fired when we enter any
text in that textbox and pressing the enter key.quite natural.

I am putting some text in that text box thru javascript from the
window_onfocus event.

After that , i need that the text_changed(server event) event to be
fired,so that i could perform some search operation.

Could you please tell me how can i call the Text_changed server event
from the javascript.

With thanks
Raghu(a drop in the ocean)

Hal Rosser

Hi ,

I ve a aspx page with a textbox.I have created the Text_Changed event
for this textbox.We know that , this will be fired when we enter any
text in that textbox and pressing the enter key.quite natural.

I am putting some text in that text box thru javascript from the
window_onfocus event.

After that , i need that the text_changed(server event) event to be
fired,so that i could perform some search operation.

Could you please tell me how can i call the Text_changed server event
from the javascript.

Javascript executes on the user's browser.
The asp code executes on the server.
Unless you submit the form every keystroke, I don't see a way.-
- and you don't want to do that.