    Does anybody know how to call a web server from an asp
    page?

    Thanks In Advance

    Thanh Nguyen, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Thanh Nguyen

    Jon Guest

    Jon, Dec 6, 2005

  3. Thanh Nguyen

    GCR Guest

    Add a web reference to the service in your asp.net project and use the
    generated proxy...

    GCR, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Thanh Nguyen

    GCR Guest

    Sorry, I didn't payd attention to the question text!
    The easiest way to do it, is by creating an class library as a serviced
    component where you consume your web service. Since this library is a
    serviced component, you could call it from your asp application through com
    interop.

    GCR, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Thanh Nguyen

    Jon Guest

    That works only if the machine has .net framework installed

    Jon, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Thanh Nguyen

    Guest

    Just use XML parsing... making your own WS clients is beyond easy.
    It's all about XML, just study Web Services and it should all just come
    together for you.
    , Dec 12, 2005