How to call wget by python ?

Chris Angelico

can you give me an example code ?

You've asked several very vague questions. I would strongly recommend
that you read this:

Invoking wget can be done, but you may want to consider alternatives
such as doing the network request (HTTP, FTP, or whatever) directly in
Python. A one-line request that we do heaps of work for you is not the
best way to get results.

ChrisA

Michael Torrie

can you give me an example code ?

No but I can suggest some alternative ideas, such as using httplib
(built into python), or libcurl. Or if you have to use wget, you run it
the same way you run any external command from python. If it were my
I'd plunk a few search terms in google, such as "python run external
process."

8

88888 Dihedral

Michael Torrieæ–¼ 2013å¹´1月10日星期四UTC+8上åˆ11時04分31秒寫é“:
No but I can suggest some alternative ideas, such as using httplib

(built into python), or libcurl. Or if you have to use wget, you run it

the same way you run any external command from python. If it were my

I'd plunk a few search terms in google, such as "python run external

process."

Inherantly the python interpreter has a GC builtin
to use pacakages like DLL by reference counting.

8

88888 Dihedral

Michael Torrieæ–¼ 2013å¹´1月10日星期四UTC+8上åˆ11時04分31秒寫é“:
No but I can suggest some alternative ideas, such as using httplib

(built into python), or libcurl. Or if you have to use wget, you run it

the same way you run any external command from python. If it were my

I'd plunk a few search terms in google, such as "python run external

process."

Inherantly the python interpreter has a GC builtin
to use pacakages like DLL by reference counting.

Chris Angelico

Inherantly the python interpreter has a GC builtin
to use pacakages like DLL by reference counting.

That almost makes sense. And it's almost profound, too.

ChrisA

Steven D'Aprano