How to catch errors when databinding

Axel Dahmen

Hi,

I'm new to binding a <asp:Form> to an <asp:ObjectDataSource> control.

Binding appears to work fine. But I can't find any information on how to deal with errors when they appear, e. g. when a user deletes a row being foreign key referenced by another row in another table, or if he/she inserts a new row creating duplicate keys...

In case of a database error I'd like to show a message like those coming from the <asp:ValidationSummary> control.

Any help is quite appreciated.

Best regards,
Axel Dahmen

Axel Dahmen

oops.... should have read "binding a <asp:FormView> control to an <asp:ObjectDataSource> control."