    best regards
    Rickard

    , Apr 2, 2004

  2. Maarten Guest

    use GLOBAL.ASA (see www.w3schools.com / ASP)

    "Rickard Sok" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > When I user decisedes to leave my site. How can I detect that imidietly

    and trigger code to run from that?

    > best regards
    > Rickard

    > Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
    > Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

    ASP.NET resources...

    Maarten, Apr 2, 2004

    As I have understood it Global.asa can only use four differetn event handlers, and I am looking for some way to catch the fact that some user have pressed "close" on the browser X. Is it really possible to use global.asa for that purpose?

    Rickard

    , Apr 2, 2004
  4. J. Baute Guest

    first of all this isn't an ASP question, but more a JavaScript/clientside
    scripting question, so you'll have more luck getting an answer in the
    appropriate scripting newsgroups,
    second I can tell you there really isn't a way to do this properly,
    you can try faking it, but there will always be situations where this won't
    work,

    perhaps if you explain -what- exactly you are trying to do, we can give you
    a proper serverside solution?

    J. Baute, Apr 2, 2004
  5. "Rickard Sok" <> wrote in message
    > When I user decisedes to leave my site. How can I detect that imidietly

    and trigger code to run from that?

    > best regards
    > Rickard

    > Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
    > Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

    ASP.NET resources...

    You can't. You should find another way to do what you need.

    You might be able to do something in client-side javascript
    (http://developer.irt.org/script/1578.htm), but all these methods can be
    got around.

    Eventually the session will timeout (and if you are lucky - see
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2078), the session_onend event will fire.

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses