How to chagne the mandatory type when automatcially generating WSDL in .net 1.1?

Fan

Hi, everyone

When I first set up a web service in .Net 1.1, seems .Net will
automatically build the WSDL file. And the element type of each field
in input and output has been automatically created. How can I change
some fields from mandatory to optional from the code, instead of
manually modifying the WSDL file?

Thank you very much.

Fan

Guest

If you're on .NET 2.0 make them nullable types (e.g. Nullable<int>).

I'd be careful about changing your WSDL file. It can be done. Actually, I
create web services by first creating a WSDL file and then generating server
and client classes via WSDL.exe. But studio really, REALLY wants you to just
create the server class and then cllow the WSDL and client classes to be
auto-generated. So, if you want to take that approach you lose a lot of the
built-in features that are supplied by Visual Studio.

(even though you end up with a scrict interface...which is somehwat
important with enterprise apps...just my opinion)