How to change a range selection to text selection?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Loebb, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Loebb

    Loebb Guest

    Hi,

    i created an editable html container and select a single
    image within this container.

    if (document.selection.type == "Control") {
    var x = document.selection.createRange();

    }

    Now I want to replace this control selection with
    pasteHTML... which won't work as the selection is
    not text type.

    Is there a command to change my control selection to a
    text selection?

    Thank you

    Loebb
    Loebb, Feb 23, 2004