    Can anyone tell me how to change this?

    best regards
    temu

    temujin, May 10, 2007

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed temujin <>
    writing in news::

    > Dear Group,
    >
    > When I change the background colour in a table like this:
    >
    ><TR> <TH COLSPAN=6 BGCOLOR="#99CCFF"><H4>Motherboard</H4></TH> </TR>
    >
    > the colour is only visible on the html page. When I print it out (or
    > print it to pdf) it´s still in Black&White.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to change this?
    >
    > best regards
    > temu

    You should be able to tell the browser at print time that you want to
    print background colors.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, May 10, 2007

  3. temujin

    Bergamot Guest

    temujin wrote:

    > When I change the background colour in a table
    > the colour is only visible on the html page. When I print it out (or
    > print it to pdf) it´s still in Black&White.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to change this?

    You can only change it for yourself, through your browser settings. You
    cannot "force" other people to print your background colors or graphics.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, May 10, 2007
  4. On May 10, 9:32 am, Bergamot <> wrote:
    > You can only change it for yourself, through your browser settings. You
    > cannot "force" other people to print your background colors or graphics.

    Sure you can. I can force anyone to do anything I want. If I came to
    your house and held your family/dog/lover/etc hostage and in the
    ransom note I told you I wanted you to print a web page and you had
    better print the background color or image or I would cut off your
    wife's/dog's/kid's/mom's/etc's genitals. I am thinking you would do
    exactly what I told you to do.

    Ok, this is probably not practical, but it would work on any website,
    so, in the pure sense, I CAN force you to do anything I want you to
    do.

    Travis Newbury, May 10, 2007
  5. temujin

    Bergamot Guest

    Travis Newbury wrote:

    > I can force anyone to do anything I want. If I came to
    > your house and held your family/dog/lover/etc hostage
    >
    > Ok, this is probably not practical

    Probably not. :)

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, May 10, 2007
  6. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > On May 10, 9:32 am, Bergamot <> wrote:
    >> You can only change it for yourself, through your browser settings. You
    >> cannot "force" other people to print your background colors or graphics.

    > Sure you can. I can force anyone to do anything I want. If I came to
    > your house and held your family/dog/lover/etc hostage and in the
    > ransom note I told you I wanted you to print a web page and you had
    > better print the background color or image or I would cut off your
    > wife's/dog's/kid's/mom's/etc's genitals.

    Wow, must be some *JScript* script required to do that!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 10, 2007
  7. temujin

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Thu, 10 May 2007 14:00:15 GMT Travis Newbury scribed:

    > On May 10, 9:32 am, Bergamot <> wrote:
    >> You can only change it for yourself, through your browser settings. You
    >> cannot "force" other people to print your background colors or graphics.

    > Sure you can. I can force anyone to do anything I want. If I came to
    > your house and held your family/dog/lover/etc hostage and in the
    > ransom note I told you I wanted you to print a web page and you had
    > better print the background color or image or I would cut off your
    > wife's/dog's/kid's/mom's/etc's genitals. I am thinking you would do
    > exactly what I told you to do.
    >
    > Ok, this is probably not practical, but it would work on any website,
    > so, in the pure sense, I CAN force you to do anything I want you to
    > do.

    Bah. You underestimate the nature of the human spirit. Besides, what if
    the guy doesn't like his wife and kids?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, May 10, 2007
  8. temujin

    dorayme Guest

    In article <e81d3$46433d4c$40cba7b2$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Travis Newbury wrote:
    > > On May 10, 9:32 am, Bergamot <> wrote:
    > >> You can only change it for yourself, through your browser settings. You
    > >> cannot "force" other people to print your background colors or graphics.

    > > Sure you can. I can force anyone to do anything I want. If I came to
    > > your house and held your family/dog/lover/etc hostage and in the
    > > ransom note I told you I wanted you to print a web page and you had
    > > better print the background color or image or I would cut off your
    > > wife's/dog's/kid's/mom's/etc's genitals.

    > Wow, must be some *JScript* script required to do that!

    nah... Travis would send a very graphic flash movie of what would
    happen to his victim's family and believe me, he would get the
    victim to print any background stipulated.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 10, 2007
  9. temujin

    Guest

    On May 10, 12:10 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > temujin <> writing
    >
    > > Dear Group,

    > > When I change thebackgroundcolour in a table like this:
    > >
    > ><TR> <TH COLSPAN=6 BGCOLOR="#99CCFF"><H4>
    > >Motherboard</H4></TH> </TR>
    > >
    > > the colour is only visible on the html page. When I print it out (or
    > > print it to pdf) it´s still in Black&White.
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me how to change this?

    -snip-
    > You should be able to tell the browser at print time that you want to
    > print background colors.

    You can do it without turning on the option to print background colors
    using CSS. I'm currently trying to figure out the best way of doing
    exactly that....

    Here's a sample that works, doesn't require any images and is only
    slightly ugly....

    margin:10px;float:left;border-width:50px;
    border-style:solid;width:0px;height:0px;
    line-height:0px;">
    left: .9em;">
    This will have a colored <br />
    background when printing

    No colored background when printing...

    --
    JBM

    , May 20, 2007
  10. wrote:
    > On May 10, 12:10 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >> temujin <> writing
    >>
    >>> Dear Group,
    >>> When I change thebackgroundcolour in a table like this:
    >>>
    >>> <TR> <TH COLSPAN=6 BGCOLOR="#99CCFF"><H4>
    >>> Motherboard</H4></TH> </TR>
    >>>
    >>> the colour is only visible on the html page. When I print it out (or
    >>> print it to pdf) it´s still in Black&White.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me how to change this?

    > -snip-
    >> You should be able to tell the browser at print time that you want to
    >> print background colors.

    > You can do it without turning on the option to print background colors
    > using CSS. I'm currently trying to figure out the best way of doing
    > exactly that....
    >
    > Here's a sample that works, doesn't require any images and is only
    > slightly ugly....

    > margin:10px;float:left;border-width:50px;
    > border-style:solid;width:0px;height:0px;
    > line-height:0px;">
    > left: .9em;">
    > This will have a colored <br />
    > background when printing

    > No colored background when printing...

    Note sure what that will accomplish, but one thing I am sure of it is
    not valid CSS.

    HINT borders are added *outside* of a block, what you have here would be
    a 100px square block with a 50px wide border! Also color values in hex
    must be designated with a '#"

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, May 20, 2007
  11. temujin

    J.B. Moreno Guest

    In article <97b7c$46504d3b$40cba7a4$>,
    Jonathan N. Little <> wrote:

    > wrote:

    -snip how to print background colors?-
    > > margin:10px;float:left;border-width:50px;
    > > border-style:solid;width:0px;height:0px;
    > > line-height:0px;">
    > > left: .9em;">
    > > This will have a colored <br />
    > > background when printing

    > > No colored background when printing...
    > >

    > Note sure what that will accomplish, but one thing I am sure of it is
    > not valid CSS.
    >
    > HINT borders are added *outside* of a block, what you have here would be
    > a 100px square block with a 50px wide border!

    You say that like it's a problem. It's actually the solution.

    The code that will print a "background" color consists of 3 pieces.
    (1) a 100px square block, (2) a 0px square block with 50px borders that
    are set to a particular color, and finally (3) a span with a relative
    position so that it overlays 2.

    > Also color values in hex must be designated with a '#"

    Yes, the result of some cut-n-paste code. If it kept your browser from
    showing what I describe, then my apologies.

    --
    J.B. Moreno

    J.B. Moreno, May 20, 2007