How to Change Browser settings dynamically through javascript

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 12/26/2006 12:38 AM:
hi frnds

I need to change the Browser settings dynamically in Onload
event through javascript.

You need to redesign your site.

Like Goto:
Tools->Internet Options -> General -> Settings -> Check for newer
Versions of stored pages. Here check whether this 'Every visit to the
page' option chosed or not, if it is not chosed ,it should chosed
dynamically.

You and every scammer on the 'net wants to change User Settings. You can't.

balakrishnan.dinesh

hi frnds

I need to change the Browser settings dynamically in Onload
event through javascript. Like
Goto:
Tools->Internet Options -> General -> Settings -> Check for newer
Versions of stored pages. Here check whether this 'Every visit to the
page' option chosed or not, if it is not chosed ,it should chosed
dynamically.

So Is there any possibilities for these this, Plz send if there any
sample code

Thanks & Rgrds
Dinesh

balakrishnan.dinesh

Hi randy,
Ok No need to modify settings,then, Is anyway to find the borwser
setting is correctly selected or not, Because our product is like that,
It will not work in default browser setting, customer have to change
some option in their browsers, So is there anyway to find whether they
have chosed browser settings correctly or not. If not atleast we can
inimate them to change thier settings, thts y

Rgdrs
Dinesh

The Magpie

hi frnds

I need to change the Browser settings dynamically in Onload
event through javascript. Like
Goto:
Tools->Internet Options -> General -> Settings -> Check for newer
Versions of stored pages. Here check whether this 'Every visit to the
page' option chosed or not, if it is not chosed ,it should chosed
dynamically.

So Is there any possibilities for these this, Plz send if there any
sample code
Dinesh, I find it hard to believe you have seriously asked if there is
a way to completely change the secure settings of a user's PC without
their consent or even knowledge. If there was such a method - and
there isn't in Javascript, that's for sure - then it to do it would be
a serious criminal offence in just about every country in the world!

Your site (or application if it is a web-app) does not require such a
change and even if it did, then your only legal option is to *ask* the
user to do it, not to do it yourself.

Kevin Darling

Hi randy,
Ok No need to modify settings,then, Is anyway to find the borwser
setting is correctly selected or not, Because our product is like that,

What does your product do? Perhaps we can help you redesign it so it
works with most browser settings.

Kev

balakrishnan.dinesh

Hey my product need to download some cab file , so for that ActiveX
downlaod option must be enabled in browser settings, default ly it is
not enabled. So i want to check atleast that option is enable or not,
Is there any way to do that through script

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 12/28/2006 12:00 AM:
Hey my product need to download some cab file

Does your product prevent you from quoting what you are replying to?
so for that ActiveX downlaod option must be enabled in browser settings,

No, you want it enabled. And, it can be downloaded without setting it to
download. If it is set to prompt.....
default ly it is not enabled.

Why do you think it is disabled by default?
So i want to check atleast that option is enable or not,
Is there any way to do that through script

I would tell you to try to install it and then try to use something from
the .cab file. If it works, it was downloaded. If it doesn't work, then
it wasn't downloaded. Makes me glad I don't use IE as my default browser.