How to change CreateUserWizard error message color

AAaron123

I'm using the CreateUserWizard Web Server Control
The error message when the passwords do not match is colored red.
Red does not show well against my background so I like to change that color.

I only find 3 color settings:
BackColor, BorderColor, and ForeColor.

I the first two are evidently not what I need.
I tried forecolor and it simply changed all the text but not the error
message (as you would expect, but I tried anyway).

Do you know how to change the error message's color?

Thanks

Joe Fawcett

AAaron123 said:
I'm using the CreateUserWizard Web Server Control
The error message when the passwords do not match is colored red.
Red does not show well against my background so I like to change that
color.

I only find 3 color settings:
BackColor, BorderColor, and ForeColor.

I the first two are evidently not what I need.
I tried forecolor and it simply changed all the text but not the error
message (as you would expect, but I tried anyway).

Do you know how to change the error message's color?

Thanks
I seem to recall it uses the 'alert' CSS style. If you set up a page with a
validator set to displayStyle="static" then you should be bale to use
view-source to see the style of the span containing the error message.

AAaron123

Joe Fawcett said:
I seem to recall it uses the 'alert' CSS style. If you set up a page with
a validator set to displayStyle="static" then you should be bale to use
view-source to see the style of the span containing the error message.

I've been reading Help and searching the internet in an attempt to
understand your reply without results.

1) I looked at the alert method and the alert message box but they do not
advertize a css style. Are there some styles that are built-in and used by
these controls? Guess I dont knoe what "'alert' CSS style" means.

2) I list the view-source that resulted from the CreateUserWizard below. The
important line is:

id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_EmailRegExp"
style="color:Red;display:none;">The email format is invalid.</span></td>

I see the "color:Red" but if I apply that to the asp.CreateUserWizard all
the text is red.

3)I did not do with a validator set to displayStyle="static"
because I did not know how to nor could I find documentation.

Thanks for replying

style="height:100%;width:100%;border-collapse:collapse;">
style="height:100%;width:100%;">
for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_UserName">User
name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$UserName"
type="text"
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_UserName"
/><span
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_UserNameRequired"
title="User Name is required."
style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Password"
type="password"
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Password"
/><span
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_PasswordRequired"
title="Password is required."
style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_ConfirmPassword">Confirm
name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$ConfirmPassword"
type="password"
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_ConfirmPassword"
/><span
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_ConfirmPasswordRequired"
title="Confirm Password is required."
style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Email"
type="text"
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Email"
/><span
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_EmailRequired"
title="E-mail is required."
style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Question">Security
name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Question"
type="text"
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Question"
/><span
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_QuestionRequired"
title="Security question is required."
style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Answer">Security
name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Answer"
type="text"
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Answer"
/><span
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_AnswerRequired"
title="Security answer is required."
style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_PasswordCompare"
style="color:Red;display:none;">The Password and Confirmation Password must
match.</span></td>
id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_EmailRegExp"
style="color:Red;display:none;">The email format is invalid.</span></td>

Jason James

I believe that if you convert the control to a template, select the

Customize Create User Step

You can select the color for the literal that displays the error
messages.

Good luck,

Jason.

Joe Fawcett

AAaron123 said:
[...]

Jason's response was right, we had used a template and assigned a CSS class
named 'alert' which had the same properties as the inline style, i.e. color:
red.

AAaron123

Thanks,

I'll look into that.

I believe that if you convert the control to a template, select the

Customize Create User Step

You can select the color for the literal that displays the error
messages.

Good luck,

Jason.

AAaron123