    message (as you would expect, but I tried anyway).

    Do you know how to change the error message's color?

    Thanks

    AAaron123, Oct 19, 2008

  2. AAaron123

    Joe Fawcett Guest

    "AAaron123" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm using the CreateUserWizard Web Server Control
    > The error message when the passwords do not match is colored red.
    > Red does not show well against my background so I like to change that
    > color.
    >
    > I only find 3 color settings:
    > BackColor, BorderColor, and ForeColor.
    >
    > I the first two are evidently not what I need.
    > I tried forecolor and it simply changed all the text but not the error
    > message (as you would expect, but I tried anyway).
    >
    > Do you know how to change the error message's color?
    >

    > Thanks

    I seem to recall it uses the 'alert' CSS style. If you set up a page with a
    validator set to displayStyle="static" then you should be bale to use
    view-source to see the style of the span containing the error message.

    --

    Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)
    http://joe.fawcett.name

    Joe Fawcett, Oct 19, 2008

  3. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    "Joe Fawcett" <> wrote in message

    > "AAaron123" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm using the CreateUserWizard Web Server Control
    >> The error message when the passwords do not match is colored red.
    >> Red does not show well against my background so I like to change that
    >> color.
    >>
    >> I only find 3 color settings:
    >> BackColor, BorderColor, and ForeColor.
    >>
    >> I the first two are evidently not what I need.
    >> I tried forecolor and it simply changed all the text but not the error
    >> message (as you would expect, but I tried anyway).
    >>
    >> Do you know how to change the error message's color?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>

    > I seem to recall it uses the 'alert' CSS style. If you set up a page with
    > a validator set to displayStyle="static" then you should be bale to use
    > view-source to see the style of the span containing the error message.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)
    > http://joe.fawcett.name

    I've been reading Help and searching the internet in an attempt to
    understand your reply without results.

    1) I looked at the alert method and the alert message box but they do not
    advertize a css style. Are there some styles that are built-in and used by
    these controls? Guess I dont knoe what "'alert' CSS style" means.

    2) I list the view-source that resulted from the CreateUserWizard below. The
    important line is:

    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_EmailRegExp"
    style="color:Red;display:none;">The email format is invalid.</span></td>

    I see the "color:Red" but if I apply that to the asp.CreateUserWizard all
    the text is red.

    3)I did not do with a validator set to displayStyle="static"
    because I did not know how to nor could I find documentation.

    Thanks for replying

    style="height:100%;width:100%;border-collapse:collapse;">
    style="height:100%;width:100%;">
    for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_UserName">User
    name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$UserName"
    type="text"
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_UserName"
    /><span
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_UserNameRequired"
    title="User Name is required."
    style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
    name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Password"
    type="password"
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Password"
    /><span
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_PasswordRequired"
    title="Password is required."
    style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
    for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_ConfirmPassword">Confirm
    name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$ConfirmPassword"
    type="password"
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_ConfirmPassword"
    /><span
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_ConfirmPasswordRequired"
    title="Confirm Password is required."
    style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
    name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Email"
    type="text"
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Email"
    /><span
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_EmailRequired"
    title="E-mail is required."
    style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
    for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Question">Security
    name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Question"
    type="text"
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Question"
    /><span
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_QuestionRequired"
    title="Security question is required."
    style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
    for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Answer">Security
    name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Answer"
    type="text"
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Answer"
    /><span
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_AnswerRequired"
    title="Security answer is required."
    style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
    id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_PasswordCompare"
    style="color:Red;display:none;">The Password and Confirmation Password must
    match.</span></td>

    AAaron123, Oct 19, 2008
  4. AAaron123

    Jason James Guest

    I believe that if you convert the control to a template, select the

    Customize Create User Step

    You can select the color for the literal that displays the error
    messages.

    Good luck,

    Jason.

    Jason James, Oct 19, 2008
  5. AAaron123

    Joe Fawcett Guest

    "AAaron123" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    > for="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Answer">Security
    > name="ctl00$MainMasterDataRightID$CreateUserWizard1$CreateUserStepContainer$Answer"
    > type="text"
    > id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_Answer"
    > /><span
    > id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_AnswerRequired"
    > title="Security answer is required."
    > style="color:Red;visibility:hidden;">*</span></td>
    > id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_PasswordCompare"
    > style="color:Red;display:none;">The Password and Confirmation Password
    > must match.</span></td>
    > id="ctl00_MainMasterDataRightID_CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserStepContainer_EmailRegExp"
    > style="color:Red;display:none;">The email format is invalid.</span></td>

    Jason's response was right, we had used a template and assigned a CSS class
    named 'alert' which had the same properties as the inline style, i.e. color:
    red.

    --

    Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)
    http://joe.fawcett.name