    Hi, i'm newbie in programming...just started. So anybody can tell me how
    to change interactive ruby background colour coz black colour isn't very
    good for my eyes. thanks in advance :)

    Tony Lee, Oct 8, 2010

  2. On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Tony Lee <> wrote:
    > Hi, i'm newbie in programming...just started. So anybody can tell me how
    > to change interactive ruby background colour coz black colour isn't very
    > good for my eyes. thanks in advance :)

    Not sure what you mean. There is no such thing as an IRB background.
    You probably want to change the settings of your terminal (or shell)
    window. That setting would depend on the operating system you are on.

    Cheers

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

    Robert Klemme, Oct 8, 2010

  3. Tony Lee

    Tony Lee Guest

    Robert Klemme wrote:
    > On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Tony Lee <> wrote:
    >> Hi, i'm newbie in programming...just started. So anybody can tell me how
    >> to change interactive ruby background colour coz black colour isn't very
    >> good for my eyes. thanks in advance :)

    > Not sure what you mean. There is no such thing as an IRB background.
    > You probably want to change the settings of your terminal (or shell)
    > window. That setting would depend on the operating system you are on.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > robert

    I use windows xp, when i open IRB background is black and evrything what
    is typed is displayed in white colour. So i want to change that black
    background to other colour.

    Tony Lee, Oct 8, 2010
  4. On 08/10/2010 14.57, Tony Lee wrote:

    > I use windows xp, when i open IRB background is black and evrything what
    > is typed is displayed in white colour. So i want to change that black
    > background to other colour.

    Yes, you should do exactly what Robert told you to do.
    Simply click on the icon in the upper left corner of the console window,
    then choose Properties. From there you can customize the colors.

    --
    Stefano

    Stefano Mioli, Oct 8, 2010
  5. Tony Lee

    Tony Lee Guest

    Stefano Mioli wrote:
    > On 08/10/2010 14.57, Tony Lee wrote:
    >
    >> I use windows xp, when i open IRB background is black and evrything what
    >> is typed is displayed in white colour. So i want to change that black
    >> background to other colour.

    > Yes, you should do exactly what Robert told you to do.
    > Simply click on the icon in the upper left corner of the console window,
    > then choose Properties. From there you can customize the colors.

    Thanks very much it helped me :)

    Tony Lee, Oct 8, 2010
  6. Tony Lee

    kate suomah Guest