How to change local webserver in VS2005?

Guest

If I wanted to use my local copy of IIS as my webserver, how do I change
where my web project points to for its files instead of the local built-in
webserver?

Guest

In Solution Explorer in VS2005, right click your project, and choose Property
Pages. Select Start Options, and in the Server section select Use Custom
Server. Fill in the Base URL textbox with the location such as
http://localhost/project/default.aspx. Make sure you create a virtual
directory for your web app in IIS as well.

Richard

Guest

If I wanted to use my local copy of IIS as my webserver, how do I change
where my web project points to for its files instead of the local built-in
webserver?

Open the Website Properties in IIS, point the Home Directory to the
project location, ensure the web site has an application created
(Application Settings part). In VS.NET open the Project Properties
page, Web Tab, Use IIS Server.